With over 50 super bright LEDs, the integrated navigation position and strobe LED’s not only look the part, they significantly improve visibility and safety.
Combining Red/Green navigation lights, white rear facing lights (optional separate tail light) and 1200 lumen strobes, all in cased in highest quality resin, that never fades and is completely dust and water proof. The sleek designed limits drag that is normally found in big bulky lights, and a life span and intensity over double of filament bulbs, yet uses a eighth of the power, reducing stress on your aircraft’s power system.
New for 2019! These lights now come with a in-built synchroniser, meaning no bulky box! Simply connect the lights together (including any other strobes on the aircraft) for a in-sync flash. The lights are also now positive switching, meaning the strobe on/off wire must be connected to power.
Our lights are becoming more and more popular too. Smooth Lights are the lights of choice for the Yakovlevs display team, and can also be found on a variety of aircraft.
Download the wiring diagrams here:
- Waterproof and dust-proof rated IP68
- Can be installed to allow on/off for strobes
- US Highest grade resin, never fading and super strong.
- Optional mounting hole for wings unable to gain access to the other side (drilling fee – enquire for more information)
- Sleek and aerodynamic design, with no bulky strobe box.
- Causes zero radio or electrical interference, and is completely silent.
- Life span of 20,000 hours
- Easy wiring and easy installation with anytime support.
- 6 month anytime returns and warranty.
Input Voltage : 11.5 – 28 VDC
Strobe Section : Power Usage : 3.7W Average
Strobe Section : Power Max ( During Flash ) : 28W
Strobe Section : Current ( at 12 V ) : 2A
Navigation Section : Power Usage : 0.36W
Navigation Section : Current : 0.07A
Strobe Light Output : 2520 lumen’s
Navigation Light Output : 66 lumen’s (Red) , 120 lumen’s (Green)
Operating temperature: -40°C to +70°C
All our lights and related products are manufactured in South Africa using high quality products, such as LEDs from Korea and resins from the USA.
If you have any questions you may have about the lights, please get in touch.
These lights are only for kit built and experimental aircraft. Certification in progress.