A combination of the brains from CN Lighting, the Yakolevs Display Team and Smooth Aviation comes a new landing lighting to change the light sport market.
Rethink installing a landing light. No longer do you need a flat, large forward facing area in the cowl or wingtip.
The smooth, flowing shape of the Smoker Landing Light means it bolts to any flat surface, parallel with the direction of flight. Under a cowl? Under each wing? The wing tip? The Smoker Landing Light fits anywhere, allowing you to install a landing light with ease, even if your aircraft hasn’t already got one.
A average car’s full beam is 1150 lumens. Times that by 4. A massive 4500 lumens, from a light the size of your palm.
Remember the saying be safe be seen? This takes it to a new level. With that level of brightness, you’ll be seen even on the sunniest of days allowing safe circuits, reduced likelihood of an Airprox and safe from birdstrikes.
Plus, it looks fantastic. Tough metal design rated to IP68 Flash or WigWag
If you buy 2 Smoker Landing Lights, they can talk to each other and flash in sync. When this back and fourth flash is from one wing tip to the other, it creates a sense of movement, something which the human eye responds to. As all the big manufactures such as Cirrus supply their aircraft with WigWag lights, it not only provides safety, it has a premium look.
The original brief of the design of this unit was to make a smoke trail light for the Yakolevs display team. We did. Then we turned it around, and we had a light bulb moment.
After some very clever engineering we managed to ramp up the output to create a beautiful, clever and bright landing light to fit to anything.
A wiring diagram and dimensions are sent with your purchase, but you can download them here
Questions? Contact us.
- 9 super bright LED’s delivering 4500 lumens.
- Tough metal design rated to IP68
- WigWag function to allow 2 units to strobe back and forth, creating safer and more aesthetically pleasing landing light.
- Average life span of 20,000 hours.
- Mounting bolts to allow easy fitting.
- 6 month anytime returns and warranty.
- Voltage range: 9-36 DC
- If installed outside of airflow, max continuous on time is 20 minutes to protected against overheating.
- Current draw at 12V: 2amps
- Pulse Light Feature: Built in 500ms
- WigWag Sync: Built in
- Thermal protection: Built in
- Beam Angle: 10 Degrees
- LED Count: 9
- LED Lumens: 4500
- Colour temp: 5500K
- Diameter: 85mm
- Depth: 45mm
- Weight: 330g
- Body material: Silver anodised aluminium
- Lens material: Perspex
- Radio Interference: Nil
Only for use on experimental, light sport or home built aircraft.